A Meeting of Minds 2
Lochaber Chamber of Commerce and the Sustainable Aquaculture Innovation Centre present ‘A Meeting of Minds 2’.
Building on the success of our first 'Meeting of Minds' aquaculture event last year, the second event will bring together leading businesses and organisations in Scottish aquaculture for further insights into innovation and opportunities in the sector.
- Sarah Riddle, SAIC's Director of Business Engagement, will give us an outline of SAIC’s key activities and discusses opportunities for driving innovation, investment and leadership in Scottish aquaculture. She will also provide details of the forthcoming International Ballan Wrasse Conference.
- John MacLellan from the Fort William Underwater Trials Centre will give us a short presentation on the use of technology beneath the sea, from the early days of mort recovery, to inspection, monitoring and the potential autonomous vehicles, central control and where the industry may go.
- Carol-Ann Adams, Business Engagement Executive for Interface in the Highland and Islands, will showcase the possibilites of support from Interface, and share some brief examples of projects they've helped in the sector.
- John Jones and Grant Leslie of SEM World will share their vision of a waste-free, circular economy in the future, how their innovation can help secure our planet’s health and wealth for generations to come. We'll hear about the role of aquaculture and their exciting plans for future.
- Scott Nolan, MOWI’s Processing Director, will give us an insight into the planned investment here in Fort William and the robotic innovations and use of technology in fish processing.
- Hamish Macdonell, Head of Strategic Engagement for the Scottish Salmon Producers Organisation will consider the idea of tourism and aquaculture, and potential for the future.
This is a free virtual event, book your place hereRegister now