SAIC will be showcasing the excellence of the Scottish aquaculture sector and sharing innovation insights at Aqua Nor, held in Trondheim.
Innovation is one of the key themes at this biennial event, and Project Manager for Aqua Nor 2019, Kari Steinsbø, has confirmed that there is an “all time high” number of entries for the prestigious Innovation Award.
Since 1979, Aqua Nor has been an important international meeting place for the aquaculture industry, and today it is the world’s largest aquaculture technology exhibition. The previous exhibition gathered 27,000 visitors and the show celebrates its 40th anniversary this year.
A Scottish supply chain seminar, featuring the Scottish Government’s Cabinet Secretary for Rural Economy, Fergus Ewing MSP as keynote speaker will take place on Tuesday 20th August, led by Scottish Development International and supported by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and SAIC. You can see the event programme as it currently stands here. Please register your interest ASAP, as spaces are limited: Malene.BeringAndersen@scotent.co.uk
There will also be an exciting programme of activities and presentations associated with the SAIC stand - number A-145:
- Tuesday 20th August, 4pm - SAIC CEO, Heather Jones will give an overview of the Women in Scottish Aquaculture (WiSA) initiative
- Wednesday 21st August, 10.30am - The Institute of Aquaculture from Stirling University will discuss their nutrition analytical service
- Wednesday 21st August, 3.30pm - An overview of Stirling University's Institute of Aquaculture
- Wednesday 21st August, 4pm - Scottish reception, sponsored by the Institute of Aquaculture: join us for some Scottish delights and some fun activities after a long day at the exhibition!
- Thursday 22nd August, 2pm - Cleaner fish research at the Institute of Aquaculture, in collaboration with SAIC
If you're a Scottish business or academic institution interested in taking part in the event, and want to find out how SAIC can help, please contact our Events Manager, Hazel.
You can also contact Hazel if you would like one of our limited registration codes to gain free entry to Aqua Nor.
Photo: Snolys.no / The Nor-Fishing FoundationFind out more about Aqua Nor