Frontline report into the economic impact of SAIC's activities
• SAIC projects will contribute to an increase in aquaculture turnover of £50m per year by 2026, of which £30m is directly attributable to SAIC.
• SAIC projects are forecast to create 600 new full-time equivalent jobs by 2026.
• The total value of the 60 projects included in the report was £52.7m. Of this, 60% (£31.4m) was contributed directly by industry partners.
• For these 60 research projects, SAIC leveraged in a further £9.8m of external funding from other UK and EU sources.
• In other words: SAIC has turned £8.8m of public funding into more than double that amount by bringing a further £9.8m from other UK and EU funding sources into Scottish research and innovation projects.
• For every £1 of SAIC funding granted to research projects, a further £4.67 is leveraged from industry and other funding sources.
* Independent economic impact assessment produced by Frontline Consultants and economist Steve Westbrook, based on 60 SAIC-funded projects, October 2021
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS 2019-2021
- 17 collaborative R&D projects with 58 project partners
- 220 Consortium member organisations
- 78 new or improved products, processes or services as a result of SAIC activities
- 49 SAIC-led events, eight of which had more than 100 delegates
- 54 press releases disseminating project news and other updates
- 43 SAIC-funded MSc students
- 5 SAIC-funded PhD students
- 7 SAIC summer interns