If you’re a postgraduate student at a Scottish university, and your study is supported by an aquaculture company in Scotland, you could be eligible for a SAIC travel grant to visit a conference.
Keen to attend an aquaculture conference to help with your study, but don’t have the resources to make it happen? You could be eligible for a SAIC travel grant if you’re a postgraduate student at a Scottish university and your study is supported by an aquaculture company in Scotland.
If you are travelling to a conference within Europe, you can apply for a grant of up to £500, and for travelling further afield, a grant of up to £800 is available from SAIC. Grant funds can be used to cover the conference registration fee, with the remainder helping towards travel costs.
How to apply
You can apply any time up to one month before the start date of the conference. Simply complete the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible to tell you if your application has been successful.
SAIC travel grants terms and conditions:
- All applicants needs to be studying at Scottish HEIs
- All applicants need to be actively involved in the conference by presenting an abstract or poster
- During the event, you must promote your attendance on social media, tagging SAIC
- Within 1 month of attendance:
- You are required to write a 500 word review of your experience detailing what you learned and how you will apply that to your future studies / employment. Information from this may be used for marketing purposes by SAIC, through the website or social media
- Provide SAIC with at least two photographs taken at the conference which can be used on SAIC website / social media
- Publicise your attendance and consequent learning on at least one website, print publication relevant to aquaculture, or one social media channel
Please note that grants cannot be guaranteed as there are a limited number of places. Students will be reimbursed following the event, on production of receipts and delivery of the above criteria.
Hopefully you will find it easy to complete the application form, but if you have any further questions, please get in touch, we'll be happy to help.