Free webinar on developing the business skills of researchers
Our colleagues at Skillfluence are pleased to invite you to a free CPD webinar for researcher development managers: A Model for High-Impact PGR Training for Industry Engagement.
Suitable for researcher development managers who are tasked with providing industry-centric training for PhD students and early-career researchers, the webinar will be held at 12:30pm on March 31st and will run for one hour.
It will feature three fantastic guest speakers plus some postgraduate researchers (PGRs) sharing their perspectives:
- Michelle Limbert, Business Engagement Manager at the University of Southampton (Project Manager)
- Zach Sorrells, Head of Innovation & Industry Engagement at Skillfluence (Lead Facilitator)
- Mike Rushworth, Director at Reveal Coaching (Industry Engagement Lead)
Participants will explore a recent “working with industry” event delivered for a group of over 40 PGRs in partnership with the University of Southampton, and the webinar will cover:
- Tips for organising these types of programmes
- How to engage with and involve industry
- Using case studies to make “working with industry” relevant for PGRs
- How to generate high levels of interest (the programme was oversubscribed)
- Key learnings: what worked well and opportunities for improvement
- How to create an online industry-focused programme
Particularly useful – given the current circumstances where face-to-face cohort training is impossible – the webinar will also delve into how this type of programme can be translated from ‘live’ workshops to remote and online delivery.
To reserve your virtual seat, register via this link: Register for Webinar
Find out more about Skillfluence here.Sign up for the free webinar