Lochaber Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with SAIC, is delighted to present a day dedicated to aquaculture, as part of the Chamber’s Lochaber Ideas Week.
The programme is targeted towards sector professionals interested in aquaculture innovations for sustainability, training and recruiting for tomorrow’s aquaculture sector, cleaner fish researchers and practitioners.
The event will take place at the Ben Nevis Distillery in Fort William.
09:30-10:00 - Registration and refreshments
10:00-10:15 – Welcome from Sarah Riddle, Director of Innovation & Engagement, SAIC and Tavish Scott, CEO, Salmon Scotland
10:15-11:50 – Innovations for sustainability, including 10-minute presentations from the following organisations followed by a Q&A panel session :
- Yusuke Yamasaki, Sales and Project Manager, Uhuru United (EIT Digital Aquaculture Insight)
- Chris Matthews, Business Unit Director UK & Ireland, PHARMAQ Analytiq
- Eduardo Jimenez Fernandez, R&D Manager, Otter Ferry Seafish
- Ian Carr, Global Business Development Director, Veramaris
- Craig Fleming, Head of Business Development, R3-IoT
- Isabel Vincent, Business Engagement Manager, IBioIC
11:50-12:10 – Refreshments, networking and exhibition
12:10-13:25 – Sustainable succession: planning, training and recruiting for tomorrow’s aquaculture sector, including presentations and Q&A :
- Mary Fraser, Head of Skills & Talent, SAIC
- Donald Waring, Learning and Development Manager, Mowi
- Liz Hyslop, Apprenticeship Development Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Calum Stephen, Planning Development Officer, Salmon Scotland
13:25-14:15 – Lunch, networking, exhibition
14:15-15:00 - An introduction to the Lumpfish Operational Welfare Scoring Index (LOWSI) tool, including presentations and Q&A:
- Sarah da Silva Pires Marques Barrento, Swansea University
15.00-15.30 – Post event networking, refreshments
To register, please click hereRegister now