SAIC, in partnership with Skillfluence, is offering an online leadership programme in response to the Covid-19 situation. The programme will look specifically at how to manage your teams in these uncertain times.
This new online programme involves some pre-work and equates to approximately the same as a one-day course.
The leadership programme is available to anyone working within the Scottish aquaculture sector and is free of charge. It will be limited to a maximum of 20 people.
Who is this programme for? Leaders and managers.
What does the programme cover? Inverted U-theory of pressure vs stress, ethical leadership and managing emotion in your team.
How long does it last? 10.00 – 14.30 with a working lunch and some pre-work.
What platform is being used? Zoom.
- Completion of a self-assessment on leadership styles: identify your own preferred style and learn how to adapt to other styles of leadership.
- Read article on Communicating in Crisis.
Session 1: 10.00 – 11.30
- Coping with change – learning how humans react to sudden change, their behaviours, and how to lead your team’s emotions during unprecedented times.
This session includes a break-out session for three teams to collaborate on supporting a colleague suffering from fear and anger, at the bottom of the Change Curve.
Working lunch: 11.30 – 13.00 (offline, individually)
- Candidates complete a 60-minute electronic workbook that discusses the five key leadership styles, how to identify their preferred style, and how and when to adapt to lead different people in different situations.
Discuss findings as a group on return to the afternoon session.
Session 2: 13.00 – 14.30
- Leading in hard times – ethical leadership, how to drive morale and motivation during times of crisis/change, plan for business recovery after crisis.
- Incorporating the Inverted U-theory of pressure vs stress to maximise productivity whilst managing stress levels on teams.
This session will have a break-out exercise for teams to brainstorm how their organisation can think proactively to plan for the 'New Normal', identify and maximise any unforeseen opportunities.
Register for the leadership programme