Do you teach geography? Here are some resources for introducing your pupils to the critical and exciting applications of this science in the aquaculture sector.
Geography and aquaculture
Lisa McLean, an Environmental Geography student from the University of Stirling, was a summer 2020 intern at SAIC.
She produced an excellent video about the role of geography in aquaculture. If you would like us to send you the video file for classroom use, just get in touch.
Lisa also created an extensive collection of related learning material for the classroom, which you can download for free using the below links:
Case study lessons
- Migration and Aquaculture: Rural to Urban Voluntary Migration in Scotland
- Impact of Human Activity – Aquaculture vs Fisheries
- Population Growth, Food Security and Aquaculture
Higher research projects
- Higher Geography Research Pack: Five Research Topics and Sources of Information
- Higher Research: Aquaculture Data
If you have any feedback about this material, or suggestions for other resources you might find helpful, we would love to hear from you! Please get in touch.